Today was “go with your parent to work day” at my son and daughter’s school. My husband took them to work with him and out to lunch. I knew they would likely get hungry before his lunchtime around noon… they are used to eating at 11 AM. Thus, I packed them a snack pack to share before lunch and here is what they ate:
– Ham & cheese kabob made with organic ham and organic string cheese cut into cubes.
– Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Pretzel Puffs. These pretzels are made with organic sprouted whole grain flour. Traditional whole grain pretzel flour is made from dried seeds and like all other vegetable seeds, the nutrients lay dormant until nature enables them to germinate or sprout into plants, called vegetables. When whole grains are sprouted, they are converted into a living food with more vital nutrients. The nutrients are now in a form that they body can more easily absorb. No added chemicals, additives, flavorings, colorings or enrichments. They are delicious and nutritious!
– Organic cucumber. Cucumbers are part of the dirty dozen, thus high in pesticide residue, so we always purchase organic. If you cannot purchase organic, it is a good idea to peel them to remove as much pesticide residue as possible.
– Organic raspberries & blackberries.
– Cashews. Great little salty treat. If you belong to Costco, buy your cashews there, it is the best value I have found.
– Water. They use a Klean Kanteen water bottle.
The lunchbox is a PlanetBox. You can purchase these from Amazon.com or Pottery Barn Kids. Here are some details about the lunchbox — my favorite part is that it is non-toxic and dishwasher safe! There is a pouch that holds a thermos on the outside of the lunch bag, we always fill this with water.
- Complete eco-friendly solution designed to make packing healthy lunches easy and fun
- Includes stainless steel lunchbox, 2 round lidded containers; a soft carry bag, and set of hip magnets
- Individual compartments ensure foods don’t touch each other and arrive looking neat and appealing
- Made out of safe, non-toxic, and recycled materials – no lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA
- All in one piece design for easy care and cleaning – no mismatched lids to lose – dishwasher safe
~ We need to teach our children TO EAT REAL FOOD. No Fast Foods. No Junk Foods. No Processed Foods. Just Honest, Nutritious, Real Food.