Egg muffins are a great solution for a quick breakfast. We prepare these ahead of time and just heat them up in the morning. We use Tessemae’s mild hot sauce for these muffins. The only ingredients are Olive Oil, Organic Lemons, Vinegar, Cayenne Peppers, Organic Garlic, Mustard (filtered water, spices), and Sea Salt.
This recipe comes from the The 21-Day Sugar Detox book by Diane Sanfilippo. The only modification I would make is to add more wing sauce to the egg mixture and chicken if you want a more authentic wing taste.
Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (preferably organic)
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Tessemae’s Wing Sauce, divided, or 2 tbsp other clean-ingredient hot sauce plus 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Prepare 12 cups of a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin cup liners.
3. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and season with the granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Working in a large bowl, shred the chicken by pulling the meat apart with 2 forks.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of the wing sauce over the chicken and toss to combine.
7. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, the remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce, green onions, salt, and pepper.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups, filling them approximately halfway.
9. Gently spoon about 1/4 cup of the shredded chicken into each muffin cup. Serve any extra chicken alongside the cooked muffins.
10. Bake for 40 minutes or until the muffins rise and become golden brown around the edges.
To receive daily health tips and gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free meal/snack ideas, like us at www.facebook.com/wholefoodrealfood.
“When you know better, you do better.”