I tried wheatgrass in my juice for the first time this morning. Wheatgrass is the young grasslike shoots that grow when a grain of wheat is sprouted. It is superior to other green plants because it has more than 100 elements needed by humans. Even though the word “wheat” is in its name, wheatgrass is gluten-free.
I read a lot about wheatgrass before purchasing it and kept reading about the problems with its taste. I figured I would add an orange to the juice to mask the taste of the wheatgrass. I tasted the juice before adding the orange and decided I did not need the orange, so I left it out. The wheatgrass definitely has a distinct taste, but it is not as awful as I thought. I read some blogs where people literally had to “choke it down” — I guess this also has to do with the combination of fruits and veggies used. It was super easy to juice the wheatgrass because no prep was necessary. You simply measure it in inch rounds and stick in the juicer.
The best time to have wheatgrass juice is on an empty stomach and one hour before eating so that all the beneficial nutrients are completely available to the body for absorption. Most often, wheatgrass is found as juice but powder supplements are also available and can be mixed into juices, smoothies or water. The best time-saving supplements are from freeze-dried organic wheat grass powder.
So why juice wheatgrass?
- Two ounces of wheatgrass juice contains the vitamins and minerals equivalent to 3 pounds of organic vegetables, and is especially high in magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
- Wheatgrass juice is approximately 70% living chlorophyll, making it one of the best ingestible sources of chlorophyll available. Chlorophyll oxygenates the blood and organ tissue, impedes the growth of harmful bacteria in the digestive tract, neutralizes toxins and helps purify the liver. Because of its high chlorophyll content, wheatgrass has a strong alkalizing and detoxifying effect on the body.
- Wheatgrass improves digestion and relieves constipation. It only takes one minute to digest.
- Wheatgrass rebuilds red blood cell count, naturally regulates blood pressure, and helps regulate blood sugar.
- Wheatgrass juice acts as a safe agent for internal cleansing, possessing powers of detoxification more than ten times superior even to long-time detox favorites like carrot juice.
- Wheatgrass helps heal infection, scarring, ulcers, and sores, on the skin, in the mouth, and internally.
This juice is super powerful because it contains parsley and celery. Apigenin is found in celery and parsley — this compound takes away cancer cells’ ‘superpower’ to escape death. Apigenin essentially re-educates cancer cells to revert back to normal cells that die as scheduled.
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 5 fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 3-inch round wheatgrass
- 1 orange (optional)
~ If you start now, you will start seeing results one day earlier than if you wait until tomorrow. Start today!