I made these cookie bars for the first time last week and have made them 5 times since then, they are that good! I found the original recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here. I omitted the coconut because I was looking for more of a chocolate chip cookie bar, but I am sure they are delicious with the coconut if that is the flavor you are going for. When baking them, start checking them at 18 minutes. They were a little too soft at 18 minutes, but way too overcooked at 24 minutes. I think it really depends on your oven and how quickly it cooks. For our oven, the perfect time was 22 minutes.
This is the snack my son has requested every day after school since I have first made it. He is my pickiest one, so if he loves it and I am confident your picky ones you love it too :).
Ooey Gooey Flourless Blondies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey (preferably raw)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder (make sure it is aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Mega Chunks (chips work too, they are a tad gooier with the chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter and honey.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour into an un-greased 8″ glass square baking dish.
- Press firmly into pan.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
To receive daily health tips and gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free meal/snack ideas, like us at www.facebook.com/wholefoodrealfood.
“When you know better, you do better.”